The state of the art is everything that has been made public either verbally or in writing prior to the application being filed. The aim of the novelty search is to ascertain this state of the art.
"Patents are documents issued by the federal government for a limited period of time. These documents grant the owner the right to exclude others from making, selling and using the invention as it has been described and claimed in the specification attached to the patent.".
"To enjoy the exclusive rights over the invention one should go for a patent. If the inventor does not get the patent rights over his invention and introduce his product/process based on his invention in the market, anybody can copy his invention and exploits it commercially. In order to gain profit from his invention patent should be required."
"A patent is granted only on that invention, which is new, non-obvious and has industrial applicability"
- To be awarded a patent, you need to file an application.
- The application must include a description of the invention, including the best mode for practicing the invention and at least one claim.
- It must contain a drawing of the invention if a drawing would help in the understanding of the invention
- After that patent application is filed, a patent examiner examines it.
A patent can expire in the following ways:
- The patent has lived its full term i.e. the term specified by the patent act of the country. Generally it is 20 years from the date of filing.
- The patentee has failed to pay the renewal fee. A patent once granted by the government has to be maintained by paying annual renewal fee.
- The validity of the patent has been successfully challenged by an opponent by filing an opposition either with the patent office or with the courts.
- keeping our overhead low
- Utilizing the latest technology to manage our clients matters and
- working on flat-fees quoted in advance
- Free Initial Consultation: All clients receive a free initial consultation to discuss their invention and options.
- Electronic Document Management: Most documents are digitally saved; stored and accessed resulting in significant cost savings.
- Efficient Technology: Extensive usage of the latest technology reduces our time handling client matters.
- No Overstaffing: We ensure there are no unnecessary individuals working on your file.
- Flat-Fees: For most services, we provide our clients with a flat-fee quote in advance to avoid any unwelcome "surprises."
- Prosecution and drawing experience: Since 2010, we have been preparing and prosecuting patent, copyrights and trademark applications. We have a dynamic team for illustrations..
- Patent Search experience: Novel Patent Services has an expert team in performing search services.
- Infringement experience: We have significant experience in litigating patent, copyright and trademark infringement cases for both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Representation Worldwide: By efficiently using modern technology, we are able to easily represent clients across the United States and internationally.
- Registered Professionals: We use only patent attorneys who are registered with the Patent Office
- Specialized in Patent Law: Novel Patent Services focuses on patent counseling, patent preparation, patent prosecution and patent licensing
- Direct Communication: Every client communicates directly with a patent attorney or patent agent without interference of a third-party or paralegal.
- Responsive: We pride ourselves on promptly responding to client inquiries whether via telephone, fax, letter or e-mail.
- Empowerment: We empower our clients with the information they need to succeed and make important decisions.
- Independent Inventors & Entrepreneurs: We understand the special needs of independent inventors and entrepreneurs.
- Small to Large Businesses: We focus our practice on helping small to mid-sized businesses which have different goals from large corporations.
- Documents Filed Electronically: All documents are filed electronically with the Patent Office to ensure timely filings.
- E-Communications to Clients: We communicate with our clients via e-mail so they receive our communications and documents fast.
- Online Forms: Efficient online forms are used with most service requests so you don't have to mail anything to our office.
"Novel Patent Services support group is dedicated to providing 24/7 support to our clients. By accessing the Online Portal via our website you can retrieve up-to-date information about the status of your application. Our services are supported by different modules of our Online Portal, which offer registered clients dependable online support 24/7."
- Retrieve up to date information about the status
- Enter renewal instructions
- Generate reports using various search criteria
- Generate yearly overviews with cost estimate for budgeting purposes
- Download receipts
- Get an invoice overview for the past period.
"We offer support services for all IP related tasks, which include protection, research and commercialization. Typical we work with MNC as a major IP support partner and provide dedicated support for various processes. Our staff is trained to handle client specific tasks by understanding processes within the MNC. To enable a smooth work flow, we use different software tools .These tools include report generation, docketing and tracking, and work order management with relevant cost details."
"Our cost-saving model enables our clients to access our partners at significantly lower rates, which enables multiple filings and prosecution support at significantly discounted rates. Moreover, we do not charge any hourly consulting fee for answering queries through email or telephone. Our transparent processes are easy to manage by MNC since there are no hidden costs"
- Helps to decide whether application should be filed or not
- Help to improve the defensibility of future patents.
- Help to determine whether your invention has already been patented
- Helps to determine the novelty of the invention
- Patent Examiner may not be able to find all prior art and you actually receives the patent
- Patent may infringe another earlier granted patents
- This patent may not be invalidated by your competitor
- Studying the patent application
- Classify the patent application
- Define a search strategy
- Implementation of the search strategy
- Detailed evaluation of the documents found
- Substantive examination of the application
- Writing and issuing the Search Report
As a firm that aims to support the client in strategizing their R&D activities we provide solutions that are knowledge centric. We understand the risks and opportunities that are thrown open by change. In this continuous process of mitigation Novel Patent Services has access to many prominent patent and non-patent databases such as Micro patent, Delphion, Aureka, Thompson Innovation, STN, Pubmed, IEEE, REGISTRY, CAPlus, DGene, Springer Link, Elsevier, High Wire Press, etc.
"Law Firms generally look for search services and illustration services. Novel patent services has an expert team for performing different search services based on client's needs. We have a separate well experienced team for illustrations. Novel Patent Services gives law firms an IP practice management solution for today and the future, with an immediate benefit in higher productivity, lower risk and improved client satisfaction, plus new capabilities to differentiate and grow the practice over time."